Published by Fox 11 News:
GREENVILLE – Outagamie County Regional Airport introduced a couple of new services to make traveling a little less stressful.
TailWaggers Doggy Daycare and Gunderson Cleaners are now providing services to the airport. Passengers can drop off their dry cleaning or dog when they arrive at the airport and pick them back up when they return at the airport.
The airport is excited to have both services available to customers.
Abe Weber, the airport director, says, “This is an idea that our airport staff kind of put together as well as talking with TailWaggers Doggy Daycare, certainly something that we pass through our business travelers and our customers and really felt the need was there.”
A highlight of the ceremony was the official opening of a new Pet Relief Area. It is a fenced-in area for dogs to have all to themselves when you are arriving or departing.
Gunderson Family Companies is making a difference. Their community effort tagline says it all:
“Helping You Build A Better Community…One Hour At A Time!”
After realizing the shear number volunteer opportunities and needs there are in Wisconsin, Gunderson Family Companies decided to leverage its assets to make the communities where it does business better places to live, work and play. From Coats for Kids to adopting a family at Christmas and cleaning Highway 55 in Menasha through Wisconsin’s Adopt-A-Highway program, Gunderson strives to give back.
To learn more about other community efforts and ways you can contribute, visit and find our community photo gallery.
What are common causes of major water damage in a home?
The main causes of water damage in a home could include: fire damage, severe weather/storms, blocked drainage lines, broken pipes, leaking roofs and broken appliances.
What are the first steps I should follow after severe water damage has occurred in my home?
- Call for help with assessment and clean-up.
- Turn off all electricity
- Stop the water, if possible and move to higher ground.
- Ventilate wet areas and have standing water professionally removed.
- Have all damaged clothing and other items evaluated and restored to pre-loss condition.
- To prevent injury, avoid all areas of the home with sagging ceilings caused by standing water. (link Water Damage page)
During a flood, does mold always develop?
No. Mold does not develop in all cases. The experts at FRSTeam by Gunderson Cleaners will work with you and your insurance company to determine if there is evidence of mold growth in your home.(link Mold Damage page)
How is sewage or flood damage different from basic water damage?
Although there is indeed a risk of pollution from basic water damage, sewage and flood water contain harmful contaminates, bacteria and other substances that may be very harmful. These contaminates are also easily transmitted. Children and pets are especially vulnerable to the pollutants caused by this type of damage.
Can all parts of my home/structure be restored after this type of damage has occurred?
It may not be possible to restore certain items such as carpeting, dry wall and other absorbent materials after they have been in contact with this type of damage. They may need to be replaced.
How can I be proactive and identify potential water damage, before a major problem occurs?
Homeowners should be aware and note any changes that occur in and around their home. The signs include: water spots on ceilings, water pipe problems, peeling paint, mold, moisture, leaking roofs, water gathering near home’s foundation, etc.
More questions? Visit our FAQ section: https://gundersonfamilycompanies.com/frsteam-by-gunderson-cleaners/about/faq/
That is quite the project. Here’s a place to start. Remember, Seasonal Storage is also available!
- Seasonal Items: Do you have a local cleaner who can store your items at a low cost? They will be clean and ready when you need them.
- Divide & conquer: As the saying goes, you can’t eat an entire elephant in one bite. Take cleaning out your closet one “bite” at a time.
- Avoiding tumbling stacks: Do you have stacks of shirts that fall over when you reach for something in the middle? Find the tool to prevent it.
- Group like items: This makes things easy to find.
- Too many bags or ties: The right hooks or racks can really help to utilize empty wall space.
- Running out of space: Learn how to utilize empty spaces throughout your home.
- Hanger and post-it tricks: Find out what you wear and what you don’t.
- Wire hangers: They are a no-no.
- Clothing swap: Get together with friends to swap clothing that you and they never wear, but someone would.
See more details by Readers Digest: Ideas from Professional Organizers
Seasonal Storage Services:
What an honor! Thank you to our customers and community for voting Tradition Cleaners as Best Dry Cleaner in Wausau. You are the reason we here and are very grateful to you.
Congratulations to all Readers’ Choice businesses. What a wonderful place to live, work and play!
Did you know your customer’s experience is not just about your service, but on their perception of your service?
Do you remember the last time you asked a friend of yours to recommend a restaurant they would for dinner. They gave you the name of their favorite place and said the food and service were both outstanding. You decide to take their advice and visit this restaurant, with great expectations. But, your perception of their favorite restaurant turned out to be completely different from theirs. Your experience, therefore, was completely different from theirs. In reality, you will probably never go back, even though it was highly recommended by someone you trust.
Perception is EVERYTHING! Customers today already expect great service. How can you move from meeting expectations to creating amazing service?
Learning this concept is critical to creating an outstanding customer experience map.
You’re on your way…How to Get to the Heart of Customer Experience.
FRSTeam by Gunderson Cleaners was called to an assisted living center in Kaukauna, WI on Monday, January 27 to take care of the textile restoration process after a fire started on the side of the building.
Heavy smoke, soot and water damage was evident throughout the building. FRSTeam’s services will restore the bedding and window treatments in the rooms. We will be processing and finishing the items this week, with an expected delivery date of Friday, January 31.
Each room was individually packed out to make sure all contents are inventoried, cleaned and returned to the room they were removed from. Window treatments will be re-hung by our experienced professionals, and the residents of the facility will be able to get back to their everyday lives sooner than expected.
Being able to provide quality service and quick turnarounds for our customers is what makes FRSTeam by Gunderson Cleaners the first call when a tragedy happens.
FRSTeam by Gunderson Cleaners…restoring more than just textiles. We restore memories and help to rebuild lives!
A new year means a new focus and a new look for Gunderson Family Companies and its 5 divisions. Seeking to reach out and be an information resource to new and current audiences, the family company saw the opportunity to break into the online world with a vengeance.
Spokesperson, Dan Ullsperger, Vice President of the Gunderson Family Companies, explains that it goes far beyond a website launch. It’s less about selling services and more about being a resource that consumers and businesses need. They need a valuable source of knowledge, expertise, solutions and understanding. The updated website gives consumers one-stop access to a wide-range of information.
“There are hundreds of years of combined knowledge and experience that veterans, throughout Gunderson, are so eager to share. This will give them the outlet to do that and to be there for their community,” says Ullsperger.
By joining the forces of all 5 of Gunderson’s divisions into one website, it becomes a very powerful information network. The website will be used to provide useful news and information on a variety of topics, from laundry and linen to marketing ideas and community events. It will also help raise awareness about how community members work together to build a better place to live and work.
Every industry has “industry standards”. Where do these standards come from? Doesn’t it seem like there are more every day? It isn’t enough to just live by industry standards.
I remember when “customer satisfaction” was something that you could use to market and brand your company. It had traction in a marketing campaign. Customers would be in awe and would, from then on, be loyal when they were well-taken-care-of by a company.
Today, though?! “customer satisfaction” is a given. Customers expect excellent service from all companies. Not only is it an “industry standard”, it is an all-around “business standard”.
So, what do you need to do to set yourself apart?
- Ask yourself what you believe in. Why do you get up in the morning and do what you do? Truly ask why! Figure out what truly makes you different and better. Do your customers care about that thing that makes you different and better?
- Be sure those working for you believe the same thing. If they believe it, they will live it and your customers will notice.
- Don’t follow. Lead! Don’t do something because everyone else is doing it. Do things because they will benefit your customers, your community and your business.
- Tell people…as many people as you can! Market your company and your cause.
- Put your logo on EVERYTHING! Does your receptionist have a logo embroidered on his/her shirt? Do the coffee cups in the conference room have your slogan on them? How about your pens? Notebooks? Why not? Put your logo on it, use it and give it to your clients, too. It tells people you are proud of your company, who you are, and what you believe in!
For more information, go to www.AccentsImageWear.com.
The “Best of the Valley” is a reader’s choice award presented annually by the Appleton Post Crescent. We at Gunderson Cleaners are honored to be recognized as a leader within our industry. Appleton Post Crescent readers have voted Gunderson Cleaners as “Best of the Valley” every year since 2006.
A big thank you goes out to our loyal customers!